28252: Morse (reply) Sprague re: Carcom/Venezuela/Energy

_oloffsonram@aol.com_ (mailto:oloffsonram@aol.com)

A working class Haitian's budget can't really afford even the 40% discount
on oil if he or she wants to move ahead. Oil is old school. Oil may be
necessary, for short term solutions, band aid type solutions, but it's not the

future. Haiti has to take advantage of the International Community's presence

lay some foundations for the future. We shouldn't be trying to catch up to  the

way things were, we should be trying to set an example of how things are
going to be. A leadership position.