28250: Morse (comment) illegal aliens/immigration (fwd)

_oloffsonram@aol.com_ (mailto:oloffsonram@aol.com)

I grew up and was schooled in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Jersey.  Its
seems we had different laws than they do in Florida. One for example,
<discrimination based on National origin>, where I came from, is anti
constitutional.

An Episcopal priest had a church in Belair. His name was Danticat. His
church, a couple of years ago was used for a United Nations military operation

against gangs. When the UN troops withdrew from the church, Mr  Danticat
received
pressure from the gangs, who were the object of the  military operation.
After much convincing from his family that his life was  in jeopardy, Mr
Danitcat
went to visit his family in the States with  his tourist visa. From what I
understand, Mr Danticat told immigration officials  in Miami that he felt his
life was in danger and he was immediately sent to  Krome detention Center,
where,
because he couldn't get his medication, he  died. If he had been Cuban, he
would have been received with open arms. A  martyr, I ask? A priest, with a
visa

was sent to Krome Detention Center because  his church was being used for
military operations. Racism?  Bigotry? Discrimination?
If one person is being treated unjustly, we are all being  treated unjustly.