28258: Kathleen (comment) Belot (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

Thanks to all of you who answered me about Belot.

This leads me to wonder if there are others, like me, who honestly believe
all or at least more of Haiti could be successful if its leaders just got
together and if the dissidents were not so amply rewarded.  There are these
wonderful pockets of success all over Haiti, yet the overall picture is of a
disaster.
Belot, for example, seems to be part of the elite, literally above it all,
circle for those people already living in Haiti who have some resources.
Aren't these people also targeted for kidnapping?  What do people do to
protect themselves from criminal elements around the airport?  Not travel?
Take another smaller plane.
Again, I am convinced that the ability is there for the Haitians to make
Haiti a success, but other forces -- HAITIAN forces --- subvert.

Any answers?  Productive suggestions?

Kathleen