28269: Archer (question) Number of local and municipal posts (fwd)

From: Merrie Archer <merriea@hotmail.com>

A quick question although I am really enjoying reading the discussion on alternative energy.

I have been thinking about decentralization and have looked at the CEP and other websites for the actual numbers of local and municipal posts for which elections are scheduled after the second round. There is no information available on that as far as I can tell.

The Haitian Embassy in Washington's website does report that in 2000, elections were being held for over 7,500 posts with over 29,000 candidates.

Does anyone know what the numbers are today?

Many thanks,

Merrie