28264: Esser: (news) Open letter to Wyclef Jean and Samuel Dalembert (fwd)

from: D. Esser

April 13, 2006

Open letter to Wyclef Jean and Samuel Dalembert
by Jean Yves Point-du-Jour

On Wednesday April 12, 2006, while listening to Radio Leve Kanpe's
morning news program, I was surprised to learn that Haiti Democracy
Project will be given an award to Wyclef Jean of Yele Haiti and
Samuel Dalembert of the Philadelphia 76ers; the gentleman who was
making the announcement informed the listeners that the event is
$150.00 per person. I am writing to ask both Mr. Jean and Mr.
Dalembert to reconsider and decline to participate in this event for
the following reasons:

Haiti Democracy Project (HDP) was created with the sole purpose of
becoming a catalyst of destabilization for Haiti. Everyone is aware
of the role that the infamous Roger Noriega, former Assistant
Secretary of State at the State Department had played in the
kidnapping and overthrowing of the Aristide government on February
29, 2004. Roger Noriega is to Haitians what Ben Laden is to
Americans. HDP was and is still one of Roger 'Ben' Noriega's
Lieutenants like Khalid Mohammed was to Ben Laden. A great deal of
activities undertaken by Roger Noriega to undermine the Aristide
government and the aspirations of Haitians was conducted through the
Haiti Democracy Project working in coordination with the Group of 184
and other organizations such as the International Republican
Institute (IRI) and the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
Today, the Haiti Democracy Project is known as the "Haiti Death
Project". For the past 2 years, we have seen the results of those
individuals? actions at work in Haiti.

Subsequent to the February 29, 2004 coup d'etat, it is estimated that
Haiti has moved 15 years backward. They have brought death,
destruction into our country. They have engulfed the society in a web
of division unseen in Haitian history. They have shown total
disrespect for the welfare and the rights of the majority of
Haitians. Today, Haiti does not have any room for such organizations.
The majority of the Haitian people want to live in peace. They would
like to have a better tomorrow for themselves, their families and
their country, our country. They have just proven it again on
February 7, 2006. It is quite ironic that HDP is giving both of you
awards for helping the people that HDP has always worked to undermine
their rights and their wishes, people that HDP called "chimeres".

We, Haitians, have to start doing our homework when it comes to
associating with many such organizations in the Diaspora. We cannot
continue to correlate ourselves with those organizations whose sole
objectives are to work to defend the interests of a minority of
individuals at the expense of the majority and the detriment of the
country itself. Let me take this opportunity to tell you that it is
my intention to write a letter asking President-elect Rene Preval to
declare "James Morrell and the Haiti Democracy Project persona non
grata" so as to stop those terrorists from continuing to create
mayhem for the Haitian mass.

Mr. Jean and Mr. Dalembert, your contributions to bring relief to the
masses are greatly appreciated. Do not let your work and name be part
of those who are proven to be the enemies of the Haitian mass. I am
urging you to reconsider and to decline to participate in any event
sponsored by this terrorist organization based in Washington DC. Do
not let yourself be used by organizations such as HDP to raise money
to promote any more destruction to our country, bring more death and
misery to our brothers and sisters.

Patriotically,

Jean Yves Point-du-Jour
Transportation Engineer
Maryland USA
<mailto:yves@erols.com>.

Endorsed by: The Haitian Lawyers Leadership Network
(<mailto:erzilidanto@yahoo.com>) and Democracy For Haiti
(<mailto:yves@erols.com>) April 13, 2006

Haiti-news mailing list
<https://listhost.uchicago.edu/mailman/listinfo/haiti-news>