28290: (vedrine) (reply) RE: 28283: Don Rowley: (question) Audio Books in Creole (fwd)

From: E Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

It all depends what one is looking for and MARKETING Creole textbooks is another issue. THERE'S NO MARKET FOR THAT. It has become harder to sell them with the closing of Haitian Bilingual Programs. The NEW TESTAMENT has been available on audio. Prof. Albert VALDMAN's best seller "Ann Pale Kreyol" (manual for learners of Haitian Creole) is available on the tape. PIMSLEUR Haitian Creole (of which I've reviewed over a decade ago - through the invitation of Simon & Schusters Publishers) comes in C-D rom and is available in the market; people can listen to it at home /while driving /jugging.

best,
E. W. Vedrine: Haitian Creole Editor & Translator
% Vedrine Creole Project, Inc.
P.O.Box 255110 - Boston, MA. 02125-5110(USA)
http://www.palli.ch/~kapeskreyol/bibliographie/vedrine.html
evedrine@hotmail.com, e_vedrine@hotmail.com