28319: Esser (reply) Re: 28291: (reply) Chamberlain: 28276: Esser: Re: 28274 (fwd)

From D. Esser

As to the Haiti Death Project (d.b.a. "Haiti Democracy Project"), as
previously explained, it is many Haitians and non-Haitians alike that
hold that not so esteemed view of that Washington organization. If
you read the excerpts and links I provided you know know exactly why.

Oh... on getting facts straight: Jörgen Leth did say he had sex with
the daughter of his Haitian housekeeper anytime by right of being her
master [Leth's words). Whatever the Danish government decided to keep
this episode from getting further publicity, it was Leth's admissions
that infuriated Danish lawmakers and Haitians alike.  In Leth's own
words: "I take the cook's [underage] daughter whenever I want to, It
is my right. I can have her any way I want. She takes off her clothes
in 'the master bedroom" while her mother prepares the dinner or irons
my shirts in the courtyard."

Wikipedia has this on the elder Leth: "The book [Leth's autobiography
"Det uperfekte menneske" (The Imperfect Human)] included a graphic
account of sexual relations with the 17-year-old daughter of his
house servant in Haiti. This created a media storm in Denmark, also
due, in part, to his plans for filming a movie called "Det Erotiske
Menneske" (The Erotic Human) which in one scene depicted sexual
intercourse between Leth and a Haitian girl who was less than 18
years old. The movie was to be made with funds from the Danish Film
Institute, which is supported by the Danish state. This upset several
groups in Danish society and Leth eventually resigned his plans, and
also several official posts which he held at the time."

I wonder what there is to defend in Jørgen Leth's behavior and why
his son is not on record denouncing his fathers acts and proceeded to
make such a dubious film as Ghosts of Site Soley? See: Leth's Jr. and
Sr's films are joined at the hip - sexual exploits of expatriates in
Haiti without minimal regard for Haiti and it's people.

As to whitewashing president Jean-Bertrand Aristide's term in office;
first why would I have to do that since, as today we have only make
believe stories of his misdeeds by people who approve of Latortue's
bloody reign. No whitewashing needed here, first you would have to
point us to the human rights reports etc. that could implicate the
Aristide administration. Given that Aristide has been made to leave
the house in 2004 and we have not seen any well documented reports by
those alleging misconduct, one wonders why the wait and how much
longer.

While you defend Jørgen Leth, his abominable behavior and the bad and
fogettable film made by Leth's son, there are many Haitians that have
an entirely different viewpoint about their neo-colonial exploits:

The Haitian Lawyers Leeadership Network writes:

In Ghost of Cite Soley, a "civilized" white women, French no less,
has sex with two Site "gangster" Soley brothers-Ghosts of Site Soley-
soon-to-be-released in THEATERS !!!

Salacious, criminal, factual, stereotypical of what goes on in the
Black ghettos of this world????- "Raw as life in HAITI?" According to
whose VIEWPOINT!!!

Make of this as you will. The Ghost of Cite Soley. It is produced by
Wyclef and directed by the son of the sexual predator that was thrown
out of Haiti and tells the story of a white (French) woman who goes
to Site Soley and sleeps with two "ganster" brothers, who have a
reputation. (See, Sex and drugs could cost Haitian consul his post
<http://www.cphpost.dk/get/91222.html> ) In the center of the movie
is the accusation against the Haitian President. The film contains
all the usual racial stereotypes and is being billed, by the coup
d'etat folks, as their next great propaganda asset and the reason why
Rene Preval should follow Edwige Lalane's advice and execute, without
judicial review, 5% of Site Soley's population. The two brothers,
Tupac and Billy, referred to are dead, but the film wants more.
Here's the description:

Film links Aristide to warlords. The images are raw as life in Haiti.
Baby-faced teenagers rip through a slum in SUVs, holding AK-47s out
the windows. Gang chiefs put on police uniforms and pile into a truck
to defend the country's embattled president. They smoke joints by
candlelight and mull their conflicted feelings over what they are
doing...

Folks, All the usual suspects were sure to send over to us this Joe
Mozingo story. It's Wyclef new movie "The Ghost of Site Soley!" all
and sundry are shouting from the hilltops! But, for those of you who
have been with HLLN for a while, remember, Billy, one of the brothers
in the film, voluntarily turned in his gun but was SHOT over and over
again, while un-armed, by the defacto forces and put in Jail with all
the bullets still in his stomach and chest. Evel Fanfan at AUMOHD
tried, and HLLN, pushed to help Evel arrange to get Billy to a
hospital but Billy wasn't allowed legal representation and we were
later told if Billy left the detention center with us, he wouldn't
make it alive to the hospital. Billy died, no one knows if it was
during the Dec. 2005 prison release or the Dec prison massacre where
guards shot over 100 prisoners. But his wife, was arrested and
illegally detained, for 8 months, leaving his two children homeless,
when she went to visit her husband, Billy. THE AUMOHD lawyers in
Haiti eventually got Billy's wife out. Today, we are being serenaded
with The Ghost of (Billy and Tupac) Site Soley.

Frankly, we already know the turns of Joe Mozingo's reportings at the
Miami Herald. HLLN obseves that no matter what the rest of the
article gets lifts up, it's main point is to villying Preval to
control his Presidency. The media campaign now has another asset to
use, so they can reach this:  " Empowering the gangs set off a spree
of killing and violence that not only spun out of Aristide's hands
and helped lead to his ouster two years ago, but continues to
overwhelm U.N. peacekeepers in Haiti and will likely be a
make-or-break issue for incoming President René Préval. " Yo voye nou
lwen pou mete nou pre - they are going to the THEATERS to bring us
the same old, same old, media spins...

HLLN
March 21, 2006