28396: McAlister: Articles published on Haiti, HIV, etc. (fwd)

Emcalister@Wesleyan.edu writes:

I am forwarding these citations of
articles published this week related to Haiti.  I don't myself have
copies either, but if you wish to find them, I recommend consulting a
good reference librarian. I forward them to the list in hopes that
can be useful to others who work on and for Haiti.   Best wishes,
Liza McAlister

Record 1.
TI: An Island among Islands: Haiti's Strange Relationship with the
Caribbean Community
AU: Smith, M
JN: Social and Economic Studies- Institute of Social and Economic
Research University of the West Indies Jamaica
PD: 2005
VO: 54
NO: 3
PG: 176-197
PB: INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC RESEARCH
IS: 0037-7651
Click on the URL to access the article or to link to other issues of
the publication.

Record 2.
TI: Taking Haiti to the people: History and fiction of the Haitian revolution
AU: Peabody, S
JN: Slavery and Abolition
PD: 2006
VO: 27
NO: 1
PG: 125-132
PB: FRANK CASS & CO. LTD
IS: 0144-039X
Click on the URL to access the article or to link to other issues of
the publication.

Record 3.
TI: Identification of chlamydia and gonorrhoea among women in rural
Haiti: maximising access to treatment in a resource poor setting
AU: Fawzi, MCS; Lambert, W; Singler, J; Leandre, F; Nevil, P;
Bertrand, D; Claude, MS; Bertrand, J; Louissaint, M; Jeannis, L
JN: Sexually Transmitted Infections
PD: 2006
VO: 82
NO: 2
PG: 175-181
IS: 1368-4973
Click on the URL to access the article or to link to other issues of
the publication.

Record 4.
TI: Understanding the reasons for decline of HIV prevalence in Haiti
AU: Gaillard, EM; Boulos, LM; Cayemittes, MPA; Eustache, L;
VanOnacker, JD; Duval, N; Louissaint, E; Thimote, G
JN: Sexually Transmitted Infections
PD: 2006
VO: 82
NO: SUPP/1
PG: i14-i20
IS: 1368-4973
Click on the URL to access the article or to link to other issues of
the publication.

Record 5.
TI: Declines in HIV prevalence can be associated with changing
sexual behaviour in Uganda, urban Kenya, Zimbabwe, and urban Haiti
AU: Hallett, TB; AberleGrasse, J; Bello, G; Boulos, LM; Cayemittes,
MPA; Cheluget, B; Chipeta, J; Dorrington, R; Dube, S; Ekra, AK
JN: Sexually Transmitted Infections
PD: 2006
VO: 82
NO: SUPP/1
PG: i1-i8
IS: 1368-4973
Click on the URL to access the article or to link to other issues of
the publication.

Record 6.
TI: Haiti: The saturnalia of emancipation and the vicissitudes of
predatory rule
AU: Fatton, R
JN: Third World Quarterly
PD: 2006
VO: 27
NO: 1
PG: 115-133
PB: CARFAX PUBLISHING COMPANY
IS: 0143-6597
Click on the URL to access the article or to link to other issues of
the publication.

Profile number/username: 3120378
Please quote this reference when contacting us

Search millions of articles, access thousands of full-text scholarly and
professional publications, and find answers to your specific research needs
at www.ingentaconnect.com.
We have rebranded our alerting services as
IngentaConnect InTouch. If you or your institution
have an existing licence to receive alerts, you
will continue to have unrestricted use of the new
service. Personal users without access to a
licence are restricted to 5 free new issue alerts;
if you wish to purchase a licence in order to
receive additional alerts, simply log in to
IngentaConnect and click on "New Issue Alerts"
copyright  2006 ingenta

--

Elizabeth McAlister, Ph.D.

Tel:  (860) 685-2289