28402: Corbett (reply) Select Restaurant

From Bob Corbett

I remember the Select as Lance Durban describes it, on Ave. John-Paul II,
just slightly up the street from the Canadian school on the corner.

It was indeed lovely and I ate there often in 1983-84. Once I was there with the young woman who is now one of my daughters-in-law, but I think before she even met my son. We had a drink and I encourage her to try something new and we both ordered pintade. We sat and had a couple more drinks, but no food arrived. Finally, after nearly 1 1/2 hours I asked about our meal. the waiter calmly told me that it was seldom that anyone order pintade, so they had sent someone down to the market on Grand Rue and they were now back. About 1/2 later we got a simply marvelous meal, but perhaps had had a wee too many before dinner drinks to really appreciate it.

I loved the quiet of the place and the lovely ambiance.

Bob Corbett