28402: Durban (comment): on Select Restaurant and others (fwd)

From: Lance Durban <lpdurban@yahoo.com>

Refering to the query about the Select Restaurant (circa 1975-81), Me
Robert Laforest writes:
     From what I know, it belonged to a Madame Louis.  The food
     was completely Haitian and it was of excellent quality.
     It was on Lalue or Avenue John Brown.

I never knew who owned it, but it was indeed excellent Haitian cuisine.
 The location, however, was on Ave Jean-Paul just a couple of blocks up
the hill on the same side as Canado... the technical school.  Not many
quality restaurants in Port-au-Prince anymore, but Pétionville has
plenty.  Papaye is truly world-class, and there are many others that
won't disappoint.

L. Durban