28502: Montgomery: (ask) lesassier family

From: Shepard G. Montgomery <smontgomery1@jam.rr.com>

[Please reply directly to Shepard Montgomery]

I am interested in the LeSassier family and was wondering if anyone in the Haiti research community might have any knowledge of them. One of my ancestors, Jean Charles LeSassier, left New Orleans in 1769 with his sons Charles and Alexis for France but ended up in Port au Prince, Haiti, where he spent the last ten years of his life. I would like to do some research on what happened to the other sons, whether they stayed in Haiti or like so many others, left for other places such as France or Philadelphia. Anyone have any info on these folks or ideas for getting started on this? Please email to smontgomery1@jam.rr.com

Thanks