28520: McAlister: Articles on Haiti: health, history, migration (fwd)

From: Elizabeth McAlister <emcalister@wesleyan.edu>

McAlister writes: I forward these recent citations for articles on
Haiti in hopes that somebody on the list can use them. I don't have the articles myself; to get them, consult a good reference librarian.

Record 1.

TI: Cultural minority older women's attitudes towards medication and implications for adherence to a medicine regimen
AU: Voyer, Philippe; Rail, Genevieve; Laberge, suzanne; Purnell, larry
JN: Diversity in Health and Social Care
PD: March 2005
VO: 2
NO: 1
PG: 47-62(16)
PB: Radcliffe Publishing Ltd
IS: 1743-1913
Click on the URL to access the article or to link to other issues of the publication.

Record 2.
TI: State, Diaspora, and Transnational Politics: Haiti Reconceptualised
AU: Laguerre, Michael S.
JN: Millennium: Journal of International Studies
PD: 1999
VO: 28
NO: 3
PG: 633-652(20)
PB: Millennium Publishing Group
IS: 0305-8298
Click on the URL to access the article or to link to other issues of the publication.

Fax/Ariel Articles:

Record 1.
TI: Antebellum African Americans, Public Commemoration, and the Haitian Revolution: A Problem of Historical Mythmaking
AU: Kachun, M
JN: Journal of the Early Republic
PD: 2006
VO: 26
NO: 2
PG: 249-274
PB: SOCIETY FOR HISTORIANS OF THE EARLY AMERICAN
IS: 0275-1275
Click on the URL to access the article or to link to other issues of the publication.

Record 2.
TI: Ackee Fruit Poisoning: An Outbreak Investigation in Haiti 2000-2001, and Review of the Literature
AU: Joskow, R; Belson, M; Vesper, H; Backer, L; Rubin, C
JN: Clinical Toxicology
PD: 2006
VO: 44
NO: 3
PG: 267-274
PB: Taylor & Francis
IS: 1556-3650
Click on the URL to access the article or to link to other issues of the publication.

Search millions of articles, access thousands of full-text scholarly and
professional publications, and find answers to your specific research needs
at www.ingentaconnect.com.
We have rebranded our alerting services as
IngentaConnect InTouch. If you or your institution
have an existing licence to receive alerts, you
will continue to have unrestricted use of the new
service. Personal users without access to a
licence are restricted to 5 free new issue alerts;
if you wish to purchase a licence in order to
receive additional alerts, simply log in to
IngentaConnect and click on "New Issue Alerts"
copyright  2006 ingenta

--

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Elizabeth McAlister, Ph.D. Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Religion

Tel:  (860) 685-2289
Fax:  (860) 685-2821
Internet home page: http://www.wesleyan.edu/religion/mcalister.htm