28524: Mayo: (ask) Haiti and Risk Perception (fwd)

[Corbett notes:  please write directly to Athalie Mayo at the address
below.]

From: Athalie Mayo <mayoathalie@hotmail.com>

Haiti and Risk Perception

Ladies and Gentlemen,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

I am currently studying for my Masters degree in Risk, Crisis and
Disaster management and am embarking on the final dissertation.  The
topic I have chosen is risk perception and I am hoping to investigate
some of the reasons why people choose to voluntarily work in areas of,
apparently, higher than average risk.  I have chosen <?xml:namespace
prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Haiti as
a case study as the risks are so varied and as my visits there have
raised my interest in the country.

If you have lived or worked in Haiti, no matter for how long, between
February 2004 and February 2006, I would really like to hear about your
experiences.  I have created a simple questionnaire which I have placed
online.  It should only take a few minutes and I would really appreciate
your assistance.

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Athalie

The questionnaire is at:  www.cochonvolant.com