28656: Salzman: A HAITIAN INSTALLATION at 3rd and 43rd -- NY City (fwd)

From: Noel Salzman <thebutanegroup@hotmail.com>

THE BUTANE GROUP
(Noel Salzman & Jay Smith)

presents

KRIK? KRAK!  (a Hatian installation)

created by Jess Barbagallo, Kate Graham, Noel Salzman, Liz Sharts

at the Deli formerly known as Prince (a Chashama space)
at the southeast corner of 3rd Avenue and 43rd Street in Manhattan

On view 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, through the end of July. It will continually evolve and change over time, so visit more than once . . . and try to see it after sundown for the full effect.

The installation is composed of images, texts and objects from the early stages of our development of our newest piece, "HAITI (live and let die)," including materials culled from Kathy Acker ("Kathy Goes To Haiti"), Ian Flemming ("Live and Let Die"), and Noam Chomsky ("Democracy Enhancement: The U.S. and Haiti"), among many others.

A work-in-progress showing of "HAITI (live and let die)" will take place on the evening of Saturday, August 19 at CATCH 18 at Galapagos Art Space in Williamsburg. Please see the websites below for all the details.

DON'T MISS IT!

Please forward--

www.thebutanegroup.org
www.chashama.org