28669: Labrom - job opportunity in Haiti (fwd)

From Jacqui Labrom

In case you know anybody who might be interested in this....

Short Term Consultant
International Crisis Group (ICG)
The International Crisis Group (Crisis Group) is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organisation, with nearly 120 staff members on five continents, working through field-based analysis and high-level advocacy to prevent and resolve deadly conflict
Location city: Port-au-Prince
Location country: Haiti
Closing date: 31 Jul 2006
Job Description

The International Crisis Group (Crisis Group) is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organisation, with nearly 120 staff members on five continents, working through field-based analysis and high-level advocacy to prevent and resolve deadly conflict. We are currently looking for a highly motivated staff member.

Role:

You will be working in close cooperation with the Latin America Program Director to research and produce a report analysing the Haitian conflict from the perspective of the principal regional and international actors. The reports would explore possible avenues for resolution of the conflict, assess the prospects for significant movement from present policy positions by the interested parties, identify the main costs incurred as a result of continued failure to resolve the conflict and recommend how some of these costs might be attenuated pending a final resolution. Travel and field research will be required.

Responsibilities:

- Conducting extensive field research in Haiti
- Writing detailed reports setting out relevant research findings and providing policy recommendations.

Requirements:

- Deep knowledge of the Haitian conflict;
- Excellent research, writing and analytical skills;
- Fluency in French and English, good knowledge Creole appreciated;
- Degree in international relations, political science, sociology or equivalent through experience.

Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV and a cover letter. In the cover letter the candidate should briefly propose his or her own ideas on themes for one or two future Crisis Group reports or shorter briefing papers on Haiti, and briefly describe how he/she would research them (in no more than two pages). Please refer to Crisis Group's website for previous reports and briefing papers:
http://www.crisisgroup.org.

Please send applications by email to open_positions@crisisgroup.org mentioning the job title under subject to the attention of Johanna van der Hoeven, HR Director.

The closing date for applications is 31 July 2006.

Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual candidate.
Vacancies Contact
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV and a cover letter. In the cover letter the candidate should briefly propose his or her own ideas on themes for one or two future Crisis Group reports or shorter briefing papers on Haiti, and briefly describe how he/she would research them (in no more than two pages). Please refer to Crisis Group's website for previous reports and briefing papers:; http://www.crisisgroup.org.; Please send applications by email to open_positions@crisisgroup.org mentioning the job title under subject to the attention of Johanna van der Hoeven, HR Director. ; The closing date for applications is 31 July 2006. ; Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual candidate.

Reference Code: RW_6RPJLQ-90

End of job spec

Jacqui Labrom

Voyages Lumière SA