28690: Lally : "A Day In The Life" (fwd)

From: Reynald Lally <concordehaiti@yahoo.com>

I had a bad day yesterday:

Let me explain:

In Haiti we have in good days about 9 hours of electricity.
In my area it's always during the day., the main reason is because I live near the Prime Minister's officer.
So in the evenings I have no electricity.
What I have is an inverter. This basically charges 8 batteries , and in the evening it can light up a few bulbs and TV set, but not the fridge etc. Saturday morning at three in the morning, I hear there is a problem with the inverter.Noise wakes me up.
I shout outside to the watchman , who's ironing at the three in his shack .
So he stops ironing, and I go back to sleep.
In the Morning: the electricity suddenly returns , but it was a surge ! can see sparks coming out from my surge protector, and the smell of burning is around the room.I have no electricity, luckily my computer equipment is saved , but the electrical boxes need to be replaced. I have neighbors that have lost , TVs sets, computer sets etc.

Then my famous watchman tells me that he lost the keys to both of the padlocks and I can't drive out.It takes him over an hour to break the two padlocks,

Then I Have crazy Mexican Diplomat complaining about our services.
We should have delivered a container to him today, but we cancelled due to the gang activities by the Port.He says that is not his problem.

That's a DAY in the life , of a art dealer in Haiti

Reynald