28704: MMaurice: Comment

From: Mmaurice39@aol.com

I was much chagrined when I read Samuel Huntington's description of Haiti in
"Clash of Civilization" as the neighbor that nobody wants. In other works
several historians and scholars has also referred to Haiti as a pariah. I am not
the least bit naive, but would like to appeal to the politicians, minority
elite as well as the zinglindos in Haiti to please make it possible for Haitians
to be able to etch out an existence in their own country. I am profoundly
ashamed of the condition of my home.

I am curious why the mainstream American Media is absolutely mum on the rash
of kidnappings and violence in Haiti. Obviously those without vested interest
care nothing about Haiti. It just seems odd that the FBI (the greatest law
enforcement agency in the world with the best resources and technology) have to
resort to negotiating with goons in Haiti for the release of hostages. Does
anybody out there find it strange that the FBI cannot put the fear of God into
the kidnappers?

Magdalena