28703: Kathleen (reply) Loccum (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

Dear Ba'm John:
    I lived in Haiti under Preval One and life was good, the provinces were
developing, even the police were helping in the improvement of the country.
There was no U.N., no need for it. Anyone will tell you these are different
police now.
The country went downhill fast under Titid Two.  He created his own army and
police force, remember?  I don't expect UN to be cureall; you are mistaking
me for someone else.  I think however they should be having a negative
effect on crime, some discernible mission and results.  Maybe some people,
not me,perhaps you, look for "magic bullet," I think that's why .Aristide
managed to be so destructive.
  I welcomed the U.N. too, in 04, 05, but now it is 06 and yes, if they
leave it will be horrible, but no one who lived in Haiti 95-02  will say the
UN has improved things back to the way things were then, when there really
was hope.  What happened to the UN mission to train police?  Or is that just
in Iraq?  The thieves in "Boston" do refer to themselves as "Operation
Bagdad."

Kathleen

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.