28718: Kathleen (comparison) 28711 (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

Now, now , let us not get our moral outrages in a twist.
Sylvain's post, to me, was comparable to Swift's "A Modest Proposal." in
that he presented the most extreme of "solutions" to the end of pointing out
that Haiti currently has NO  punishment for the kidnappers at all.  Jolting
people out of denial and complacency, I would hope.

Yesterday, when the post of the government, asking for money, having roads,
not security, lead the list for the new government (the better to kidnap you
on, my dear).
When capital punishment comes to mind, four images relevant to Haiti: run
through my head:
    1.  The twisted body of Jacques Roche, his tongue ripped out, lying dead
in the public street. The kidnappers "returned " him.
    2.  The sad and tormented face of one-armed missionary Hughes, leaving
Haiti (y'all really should check out "Haiti Photos News" on Yahoo.)
    3.  Two of the uncaptured pillagers celebrating their "badness" in Cite
Soleil with a rat in a cage, representing the name of their gang.
    4.  UN helmets standing by as a Haitian man hauls off and belts a woman
in the street.
Kathleen

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.