#2167: Re: #2162: vaccination : Jen replies (fwd)

From:Jetphire@aol.com

I've gotten all the Hepatitus vaccinations, oral thyphoid, and used to get
the malaria pills, but I don't anymore. Those are much cheaper if you buy
them in Haiti, and if you go to Haiti often, then it's a lot on your system
to keep taking them. I use good insect repellent and eat lots of garlic. I
paid a lot at an overseas medical clinic, but with many of these you only
need the shots once (one of the hep.vac's is in 2 parts). It's important to
keep the mosquitos from biting you, even from a comfort standpoint. Thyphoid
is very real, though, and precautions should be taken.
I've found more unpleasantness with accidently drinking something with bad
ice or water. Has anyone ever tried a good dose of wasabi with some sushi to
help clean the system? Works pretty good.
Jen Pantaleon
The Lafanmi Selavi Photography Project