#2169: vaccinations : Perdue replies

From: Perdue and Persinos <vtandwi@erols.com>

I am what you might call a seasoned traveller with many trips abroad over a
period of more than 45 years, primarily to LDCs, and have visited places far
more threatening healthwise than Haiti which I have visited about 6 times
during recent years.  Some would consider me an adventuresome type because, to
me "going native" is part of the experience.  I have had a few stomach upsets,
but nothing that slowed me down for more than a day or two.  So I think I have
been exposed to far more bugs than those students and have built up an immunity
to many of the bugs encountered in such areas.  My guiding principal is NEVER
DRINK WATER THAT MIGHT BE CONTAMINATED AND FOLLOW CDC RECOMMENDATIONS.  I would
not even consider taking a group of students to Haiti without proper
precautions.

Bob Perdue