#2292:Francois Duvalier topic - Lamour adds

From:YLamour@aol.com

antoine (and my fellow corbetteers),

i was a little boy growing up in Cap-Haitien when this gruesome execution you
recounted so eloquently took place... there was another such execution of
Pean, the owner of a funeral home, on Champs-de-Mars near the Justinien
Hospital... from my classroom at 'kay frère' (frères de l'instruction
chrétienne, rue 18 espagnol), i could hear the detonations of the guns... i
still vividly remember how my family and our neighbors expressed privately
their indignation vis-à-vis those politically brutal abuses...

i definitely think other than crimes and corruptions, duvalier and
duvalierism, jean-claude and  jean-claudism have contributed next to nothing
to our haitian society... i would never look for development ideas and models
for the country from their ideology, let alone their
administrations/governments...

les racines historiques de l'état duvaliérien by michel-wolf trouillot and
duvaliérisme after duvalier by gerard barthélemy are two good books that
provide clear analysis and understanding of duvalierism... please consult
them...

antoine, will you be able to recount the execution of Pean in a similar
fashion?... if yes, please do so...

regards,
yvon lamour