#2558: $$$ to Haiti: Chamberlain asks and Kozyn replies

From: John C. Kozyn <jckozyn@mnsinc.com>

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

> Could anyone remind me of an effective way of transferring money to Haiti
> (as discussed in recent posts), apart from carrying it personally in cash?
> In this case from Europe.

Greg,

When I lived there several years ago, my wife used Western Union -
you pay a certain percentage though - and she also used to send me
cash via DHL. Some might say that might be risky, but DHL never
failed me in Haiti. YMMV etc... Around the Haitian community in
Paris, Brussels etc, there must be a Boby Express or something
similar... these also charge a percentage.

John Kozyn