#2754: Revolution and Robeson

From: P D Bellegarde-Smith <pbs@csd.uwm.edu>

> From:michael.o.leslie@gm.com
> "Boukman...secret meeting...satanic ceremony...serve the devil."
> Whoa!!! ! I'm currently reading Carolyn Fick's "The Making of Haiti" and

Felix Moriseau-Leroy spoke of conversations he had with Paul Robeson who
had been approached by Hollywood to play a role in a film on the Haitian
Revolution and independence wars, with excellent pay. The catch? Hollywood
would have to change the outcome of that struggle "not to irritate white
people." I miss Morisseau-Leroy.