#2816: Ministre d'etat des cultes : a comment

From:MIT2Haiti@aol.com

Church of Haiti, Leslie Griffiths, History of Methodism in Haiti, Imprimerie
Méthodiste - D.E.L., Marilyn Mason

MM

Subj:   Re: #2813: Ministre d'etat des cultes (fwd) Mason shares source
Date:   03/12/2000 2:30:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:   MIT2Haiti
To: bcorbett@netcom.com

Corbetters,

In Griffiths, Leslie.  History of Methodism in Haiti, Imprimerie Méthodiste -
D.E.L., Port-au-Prince, Haïti, 1991, you will find even more details
regarding the very early British Protestant influence in Haiti.

In this volume, Griffiths gives bibliographic information he derived from the
earliest British Methodist Missionary Society records, as well as that
derived from archive sources in Haiti.  Catts and Pressoir factor heavily in
these accounts.

I visited with Leslie and his wife (former Haiti colleagues of mine; I served
at the Imprimerie Méthodiste - D.E.L., Port-au-Prince, Haïti, from 1976-77)
in London this past October on my way to the Seychelles for their Creole
Language Symposium and Creole Festival.

Leslie, a commentator for the BBC, is somewhat resisting the Internet (so he
does not publish his e-mail address), but he can be contacted for more
information (he researched this subject for his Ph.D.) at:

Rev. Dr. Leslie J. Griffiths, M.A.
Superintendent Minister
Wesley's Chapel and Leysian Centre
49 City Road
London, EC1Y 1AU
UK

He also delivered a talk at the Convocation on United Methodist Haitian
Ministries, held in Miami, FL, November 10-12, 1990, entitled "What We Can
Learn From the Methodist Church of Haiti" (the early British church influence
and Catts and Pressoir factor heavily in this account).

Because I taped and then transcribed and then was the responsible person for
publishing the official documentation from that Convocation, I have the
electronic text of his message, which you can request by e-mailing me at:

MariLinc@aol.com

Sincerely,

Marilyn

*****
Mason Integrated Technologies Ltd Home Page:
  http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/Index2.html
Orthographically Converted HC Texts Download Site:
  http://hometown.aol.com/mit2haiti/Index4.html
Meet Marilyn Mason:
  http://hometown.aol.com/marilinc/Index3.html
Seychelles Invited Seminar Pictures Page:
  http://hometown.aol.com/marilinc/Index1.html
MIT2 Job Opportunities:
  http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/JobOpps.html