28796: (Slavin) comment Re: 28782: TJPershing: (reply) Re: 28779: Nlbo (Discuss)artists, black universities, (fwd)

From: Patrick <jps390@yahoo.com>

re Dr. Pershing's comment

As for getting American Universities involved in
promoting Haiti to their
students, I will begin trying to do so with
Brandeis. I believe the best route
would be to get student groups at various
universities to take on the project
and lead the charge- if the students feel vested in
the interests of Haiti
through their own efforts, much can be done- T.

and the book students should read to become social
policy entrepreneurs & Haiti is "Mountains Beyond
Mountains." I saw that the University of Washington
(Seattle) has chosen it as its "campus-wide" reading
book this Fall - like when towns and cities read a
book at the sametime.

Maybe I should try this in Liberia - but we would need
a bookshop first....Regards from the West Coast of
Africa.

Patrick

J.P. Slavin
Monrovia