28807: Morse (Comment) Rambling on (fwd)

_oloffsonram@aol.com_ (mailto:oloffsonram@aol.com)

The same Cubans that are taking to the streets celebrating Castro's illness
are probably the same Cubans helping to keep Haitians from getting equal
treatment at US entry points, especially in Florida....

 If we can't address the security issues in Haiti in the next couple  of
weeks, or days for that matter, we can forget about job creation and  economic
development in Haiti... If A's gangs are so powerful, then why  were they so
afraid of Guy Philip and Joel Chamblain.

 I'm wondering if a flat tax of 5% wouldn't improve conditions at the  ports.
It would probably create more revenue. A reasonable tax and streamlined
bureaucracy would probably keep people from making side deals. Maybe the
monopolists want a difficult port system...

 Why is it still so difficult to drive to Aux Cayes, Port de Paix,  Jeremie
and Cap Haitian??? Especially Jeremie and Port de Paix....

One of the most popular things that "A" did was handing out school supplies
to children at the beginning of the school year. Pencils, rulers, backpacks,
little note books, etc. One more month and it will be school time...

One of the areas where most kidnappings occur is Petionville, yet,
Petionville is never in the Red Zone. Some people think that Petionville folks are
actually involved in kidnappings.

CONSPIRACY THEORY: There are folks here that believe the UN  mission here
wants to stay, therefore permits the violence.

I've planted over 150 banana trees in the last couple of weeks. Soon I'll  be
planting lemon trees. Every little bit helps.

QUESTION: Does any one know the best solar panel brand as well as the best
place to purchase???

If the US Army has trouble meeting its recruiting goals then why don't they
set up a couple of recruiting stations in Port-au-Prince. Visas, three  square
meals a day, decent salary, early retirement, retirement  benefits, health
care, educational opportunities, vocational  training....

Richard Morse