28639L Fw: Morse(comment) Gang paradox (fwd)

oloffsonram@aol.com

1) Let's pretend that the gangs are some how defending the interests of the poor. How? Keeping jobs out of Haiti? Keeping the poor unemployed?

2) The gangs are simply empowering their enemies, whoever they may be. They're creating an environment whereby "law enforcement" will be given carte blanche to do what ever is necessary. The civilian casualties will be mostly poor people.

3) Where are all those human rights organizations that came out of the wood work when the UN attacked gangs in Cite Soleil. They had photos, witnesses, everything they needed. They're awfully silent now. Almost as if it's okay when gangs kill people.

4) Hypocrites from the "left" are just as bad as hypocrites from the "right".

5) As I said in a previous post, this situation has to be resolved sooner than later.

6) A lot of shooting by the airport road yesterday. I've never taken any course in military operations but it's all beginning to seem like a "no brainer".

7) I don't know anything about the Middle East, but it seems like one team is embedded and attacking from civilian areas, such as hospitals, and the other team has resigned themselves to the fact that there are going to be civilian casualties in the counter attacks. Once again, it reminds me of when the UN troops went into Cite Soleil and the gangs started crying about civilian casualties. They should have worried about their civilian neighbors before creating a need for a counter offensive.

8) Someone in New Jersey is going to court over shady telephone business deals. There may be a Haitian connection. P. Farmer was right in saying "The Uses of Haiti". I just don't know if his observations were balanced. Forgive me Father for questioning the observations of a Saint.

9) Does it snow in South Africa or is it just cold...???

Richard Morse