28883: Kathleen (addition) Re: 28879: Craig (reply) rE: 28876: Morse (comment) Tourism and Culture -- Bob Corbett adds (fwd)

From Kathleen:

I have a photo I treasure taken (by Anne Lescot) of 6 of us, American and
Haitian, smiling broadly the end of Sept. 01, seated at one of the round
tables on the glorious verandah of the Oloffson.  We were sending off Marx
Aristide to his new job in D.C.  Patrick and David Belle are also in the
photograph.  Marx and I had arranged a rendezvous (he was returning a book I
loved) and of course the others joined us., and we talked of course of
events in the U.S. in the past few days.
Those of us who were American were smiling because, for the first time in
our traveling to Haiti days,after Sept. 11 in NYC, no one had asked, us
"What are you doing going to such a dangerous country?"
    Those were the days, my friends.