28909: Kathleen (observation) 28890: Hermantin(News)HEADING SOUTH (unrated) | three stars (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

It amazes me and my good friend Radio Al in New York that not ONE of the reviewers has picked up on the main character's name,
Legba.
No Haitian names a child after Vodou god/dess.
Interestingly enough, Legba guards the doorway between different worlds, a theme of this movie.
I'm surprised no reviewer knows or at least writes about these two things.
And what's with all these books and movies coming out today focusing on the Haiti of 40 years ago? Kathleen