28945: Labrom reply re 28898 (fwd)

from Jacqui Labrom

Well I have to stand up for Minustah - they do give free language classes to any staff who want them - soldiers or civilians, in English, French, Creole and Spanish. I know as I was teaching them English - South American Majors and civilians - latter were Francophone, mostly Haitians but also Africans. So they do know there is a problem and are trying to help resolve it.

Mind you trying to fit this into their busy schedules is really difficult. My class levels went up and down like mad with the Military, depending on the operations they were carrying out.

Jacqui Labrom

Voyages Lumière SA
Journeys for the enlightened traveler
email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com