28986: Morse (reply) Safety on the airport Road (fwd)

 oloffsonram@aol.com

I've been on the Airport Road a half dozen times in the last week and a half. There seems to be a fairly strong UN presence and the traffic there has normalized a bit. At first I saw tanks but now it's occasional car searches.

If I may add, I don't want to give false impressions but... If all I did was listen to the news on the radio, I'ld probably want to just stay inside my home. I personally don't feel that the news on the radio reflects how calm 99% percent of the country seems to be. I'm not saying there aren't going to be occasional eruptions of violence or trouble, but the places I've been to (as far north as Luly, as far east as La Pleine near Double Harvest and as far south as Port Salut), things seem fine to me. The airport Road was creepy a couple weeks ago but the UN seems to have made a concerted effort to secure the area.

Richard Morse