29011: Senou (Question) When la Navase or Navassa Island became a U.S. territory? (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

When la Navase or Navassa Island became a U.S.
territory?

Once I learned that Ernesto will hit the Southern part
of Haiti, I check out the impact area and I spotted
Navassa Island (US).
When the United States had taken possession of that
Haitian Island and under which government?  I have not
recalled of the Haitian congress authorizing such
transaction.

Senou