29051: Morse (reply)Reimer/Haitian music (fwd)

oloffsonram@aol.com

 Dear Lin,
Most of our music can't be found on Amazon. You have to go to sites where bootleggers sell Haitian CD's. The most complete off the top of my head is deltarecords.com Our carnival compilation (RAM4 Madi Gra) is mostly traditional songs in a modern context (electric guitars, drum kit, etc.).

The songs aren't presented in a ceremonial context mind you. In a ceremony there is a certain order in which the Deities are addressed and there is a certain number of songs presented to each Deity. As a musical group, we don't do that, but the songs and rhythms are "the real deal".

Yours,
Richard Morse