29042: (response) Chamberlain: 29041: White (question) 29039: (comment) Bob Corbett adds

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

I think, to actually name someone, would be considered a "personal
attack" and would be kept off this listserv.

The Corbett Rules, as I understand them, are that "personal attacks," while
regrettable in general, ARE permitted on public figures, in that "public" =
"must be able to take criticism."  Such attacks are not allowed if the
person is a member of the List.  So work out whether the people you
presumably have in mind are List members or not.

(Corbett interjects).  Greg has it almost right.  It seems to be an
extremely hard policy to understand. I do allow personal attacks on public figures, and many list members are public figures. However,
I do not allow personal attacks on people FOR WHAT THEY POST ON THE LIST.
The point of that policy is to no discourage people from posting.

However, I also do not post items which open me to potential suits for
libel, and I do get some of those.     Bob Corbett)

But such challenges, as yours, are  - of course - undeniably easy and
very misleading to make.

You made the serious charge in the first place, so you must expect to be
called to account for it, to be asked to back up what you say.

So where and what is your clear evidence of these "AP and Reuters" people
behaving in this way?  Or are you fervently hoping people will believe the
charge without evidence?

        Greg Chamberlain