29094: Desmangles (news) Shocking news about Haiti (fwd)

From: Leslie G. Desmangles, Ph.D.

I thought that I would share this information with all of you concerning
Haiti.

The information in the following website is from the English medical
journal THE LANCET. It's quite a commentary on what Haitian society has
become, and I've been following the disintegration of that society for
the past three years. It's shocking to know and more than 90% of these
crimes have not been investigated because the Haitian police and the
justice system are both overwhelmed. The 8,000 U.N. Brazilian troops and
other military contingents from other countries currently in Haiti have
done little to prevent these crimes. Worse of all is that none of these
crimes have been covered by the press in the U.S. and Haiti is merely
625 miles from Florida.

Leslie G. Desmangles, Ph.D.
Trinity College
Professor