29158: kathleen (inform)Fw: Gangs Gone Wild in Haitian Doc (fwd)

This story was sent to you by: kathleen Burke

--------------------
Gangs Gone Wild in Haitian Doc
--------------------

Columnist Patrick Goldstein is at the Toronto Film Festival this week.

By Patrick Goldstein
Times Staff Writer

September 11 2006

TORONTO -- Asger Leth doesn't especially look like crazy or suicidal. But
after I saw his new documentary, "Ghosts of Cite Soleil," which debuted at
the Toronto Film Festival before a packed house Saturday night, I had my
doubts. The 36-year-old Danish filmmaker, whose father, Jorgen Leth, is a
prominent Danish director, spent most of 2004 in the squalid slums of Haiti,
chronicling the story of Haitian 2pac and Bily, two gang leaders of the
Chimeres, the secret henchmen of then-Haitian president Jean-Bertrand
Aristide.

The complete article can be viewed at:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-et-bigpicturex11sep11,1,3557747.story

Visit latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com