29195: Clerie (Comment): Political make up of parliament (fwd)

Philippe Clerie <philippe@gcal.net>

A long, long time ago I promised to post on the make up of parliament. I
apologize, but I have not found yet a definitive reference. In truth, lack of
interest is the culprit here.

However, to ease my guilty conscience, I do have some numbers from the first
round of the elections. They havent changed much probably.

At the end of the first round, the Senate looked like:

LESPWA 	13
FUSION 	4
OPL 	3
LAAA 	2
UNION 	2
LAVALAS 	2
Pont 	1
MIRN 	1
RDNP 	1
ALYANS 	1

And the lower chamber:

LESPWA 	23
FUSION 	17
UNION 	12
OPL 	10
ALYANS 	10
LAAA 	5
MPH 	3
MOCHRENHA 	3
RDNP 	1
MRN 	1
MIRN 	1
LAVALAS 	1
KONBA 	1
FRN 	1

Basically, it reconfirms the love affair between a majority of haitians and
the left particularly the most radical.

Regards
Philippe
--

Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>