29279: Simidor (comment): The name Ayiti (Haiti) (fwd)

From: Daniel simidor <danielsimidor@yahoo.com>

One can, a la Milo Rigaud, use para-linguistic,
cabalistic and other homonymic wordplays to draw lines
of power and African symbology around the name Ayiti.
That?s because there are layers to things (Sa w pa wè
je louvri, ou wè l nan govi).  A single event, word or
name can have multiple meanings, and when those
different meanings click together, then you know you
have the real thing.

The name Ayiti can be both Taino and African.  Once
the Children of the Sun (Pitit Sole) entered into a
total war against French colonialism and slavery,
under the leadership of Papa Dessalines (known as
?Toro Dayiti? in the Petro tradition), they saw
themselves as both Inca (Taino to be more precise) and
African (Fran Ginen).  The Inca reference or
inspiration derived from the 1780 Inca rebellion in
Peru.

Ayi-bobo, Ayi-ti, Ayi-da Wedo, èske se poezi, èske se
maji?  People don?t always get to name things but we
struggle to make sense out of them, just like we try
to make sense of the cards we?re dealt in life.
Until, that is, it becomes clear that they don?t make
sense, that they are trump cards, then we struggle to
reshuffle the deck.