29361: lyall (comment) on deportees (fwd)

From: Jd Lyall <postmaster@lyalls.net>

On the deportees. There is a good Woody Guthrie song called Deportee. It's about Juan e Maria, but I sing it as Pierre et Rosali.

I know a number of young men in Haiti who are deportees. They got involved in Miami life and got busted. Teenagers. They struggle to get by in Hayti. My Sister in Laws ex is one. He spoke hardly any kreyol when he arrived. He isn't a criminal now.

Not all of the deportees turn to crime when they arrive in Haiti. It's pretty tough for them. No family in Hayti, most of them. Being adopted by a crime family of english speaking rapping gangsters is probably an easy way out. Lots of cheap crack too. That'll drive you crazy.