29442: Gilles (reply) Re : 29405: Kathleen - on Haitians speaking out on List (fwd)

From: Emmanuelle Gilles <manugi28@yahoo.fr>

First of all Kathleen, many Haitians would have liked to contribute but the English language is a barrier. e.g. I am writing from Africa where a group of us Haitians do meet to discuss Issues relating to our country, they are mostly francophones and professionals. Most of the debates from Corbett list are in English. Secondly, regarding support for the return of Aristide, I think that Haitians and those of us who lived the Aristide times and who have had close experience with Aristide Govt and finally those of us who grew up in the country are more likely to give an appreciation of Aristide governing style and success and failures - unfortunately for us, his government was a disaster. Those whites and europeans you referred to, do not have our experience nor the correct information on Aristide, thus their championing Aristide's so-called deeds is unfounded. If we should ask some clarifications on those deeds, what were they? if not deceit, crime, corruption, mismanagement, mediocrity and drug trafficking.