29521: Nat comments: vishnusurf reply: Re: 29487: Nat: News article by K Pina (fwd)

From: Rob 6969 <liberalproject@hotmail.com>

I think you are misinformed.
Is he not one of the few who stayed during and after the coup wile others
stayed comfortable commenting from the US. It is actually quite a miracle that Pina has not been (he did stay a few days in jail though) shot wile running with his camera for the last two years to tell the hidden side of the Post Aristide coup period. Is it not what we need in our world. Journalists to challenge conventional wisdom and get a voice to people who don't have any?? He is the only journalist I know who followed protesters and Minustah/PNH raids for the last two years. He did not have to stage anything to make his reports compelling or be sponsored by major financiers or producers. No little blond or rock star involved. Just raw reporting from the field. Think about it. Pina deserves the Human Rights Reporting Award and if that does not exist, one ought to create one specially for him. You might dispute some of his reporting but please do recognize that the man has a great amount of courage!!!