29630: Du Tuyau: Re; 29623: Laforest (reply and asks) Re: 29620: Pierre (Reply) 29605: Kathleen (fwd)

From: viandemoulue@aol.com

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the United States of Great States. I just had kodenn (turkey) for lunch. Not free range; I no have that kind of money with my restaurant salary. But as I am munching on the kodenn, I realized that we just had thanksgiving. So today, this is my "chicken of the sea", but I no have a Jessica Simpson girlfriend (too bad).

Al'rite, let's talk serious stuff. I don't know if M. Pierre (Kawonabo) will answer to the Maître /Esq. /Attorney. He asked good question and decidedly willing to defend in his toga-pen, the good folks of Haiti whom we call the elite.

I kind of agree with the Mèt. Maybe because sometimes, I think I should have been a Zabèlbók (avoka-ka des affaires inutiles) myself. Because, our elite is not voleur. Never was, never will be. This is because to me, in my sick mind and on days when I really get pissed (can I use this English word, "pissed"?) with what happen in Haiti all the time, I prefer to say that we have people with money and little education in Haiti, but NOT an elite. So Kawonabo, to me, the Mèt, Laforest, is absolutely, definitely, Du Tuyau-esquely correct!! By that I mean:
-Those guys and gals you refer to have money;
-They were born and raise in Haiti-Thomas;
-They speak little Kreyól with beautiful French word and accent in it; and so
-They are Haitians.

So to me, Mr. Kawonabo, Mèt Laforest is right. But this is where you too are right, Kawonabo: they Haitians but they no elite, in Du Tuyau's mind that is, because to me and for me, a definition normal of normality of elite for Haiti would be this:
-Those guys and gals have money;
-They are educated in many things, and focused also with education for a better Ayiti-Toma;
-They born and raised in Ayiti;
-They speak Kreyól with beautiful French word and accent in it; and very importantly -They care for the people and country, even within the confinements of their individual and class interests.

They care about the country, the people, the economy, the health system, etc, including the mistress and the BDSM partner (he-he-he). Heck, even when or if they steal money, they reinvest money (at least part of it in Haiti) for the country economy, and defend the country if need be.

Example recent:
Talking about a true Haitian elite right now black and milat (same shoot), would imply that when we have someone get the bid to print electoral ballots, he wouldn't go to the DR where Haitians are mistreated, and have the Dominicans print it for us, because he wants to save a few gourdes while Haitians are starving (Oh boy do I sound like the Haitian Lou Dobbs). Anywayzz... these are the very people who kick our people's azz, call us morons, disrespect us, and everything else. Meanwhile, we still have well-established printing companies in Haiti like "Le Natal", "Henri Deschamps", for generations. They no cheap enough for those we like to call elite. Like my uneducated grandma used to say: "ban-m van-m poum' al Lagonav" (Give me wind to go on my boat-people to the town of Lagonav).

So what's up? Why is our lawyer so mad, hein? I no know. But Kawonabo, as the French say beautifully : Seule la vérité blesse. The truth hurts little bit in the heart of the matter, like a good gróg/tafia/rum that descends into the stomach while one is hungry. But I'm having lunch and so...

Love you all. Even the "bare vólè Haitians"!!!

Du Tuyau, always moun fou and more moun fou (moun-fou-er).