29652: Senou: (Question) What this current congress should do with Articles 13 and 15? (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

What this current congress should do with Articles 13
and 15?

The 1987 Haitian Constitution was emotively written
and it must be amended. The amendment procedure is
crystal clear but I do understand back then the
necessity of having article 284-2; however, it is not
feasible for this up coming amendment to take effect
after the installation of the new president.

I call upon the Haitian congress to do the right
thing; if you want to include the Haitian Nationals
who are living in the Diaspora by striking out
articles 13 and 15, that?s fine; but, if you believe
that the Haitian Nationals who are living in the
Diaspora shall not have any right to involve in the
decision making process, again, that?s fine.

Where most members, of this Haitian Congress, stand on
articles 13 and 15? Where this current government
stands? And what is the view of the Haitians living in
Haiti on these two articles?

I leave you with this important quote:

?Let me not be understood as saying that there are no
bad laws, nor that grievances may not arise for the
redress of which no legal provisions have been made. I
mean to say no such thing. But I do mean to say that
although bad laws, if they exist, should be repealed
as soon as possible, still, while they continue in
force, for the sake of example they should be
religiously observed. ?
Abraham Lincoln
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION

ARTICLE 282:
On the recommendation, with reasons given to support
it, of one of the two (2) Houses or of the Executive
Branch, the Legislature may declare that the
Constitution should be amended.

ARTICLE 282-1:
This declaration must be supported by two-thirds (2/3)
of each of the two (2) Houses. It may be made only in
the course of the last Regular Session of the
Legislative period and shall be published immediately
throughout the territory.

ARTICLE 283:
At the first session of the following legislature
period, the Houses shall meet in a National Assembly
and decide on the proposed amendment.

ARTICLE 284:
The National Assembly may not sit or deliberate on the
amendment unless at least two-thirds (2/3) of the
members of each of the two (2) Houses are present.

ARTICLE 284-1:
No decision of the National Assembly may be taken
without a majority of two-thirds (2/3) of the votes
cast.

ARTICLE 284-2:
The amendment passed may enter into effect only after
installation of the next elected President. In no case
may the President under the Government that approved
the amendment benefit from any advantages deriving
therefrom.

ARTICLE 284-3:
General elections to amend the Constitution by
referendum are strictly forbidden.

ARTICLE 284-4:
No amendment to the Constitution may affect the
democratic and republican nature of the State.