29654: Morse (comment) Wyclef Film Festival (fwd)

_oloffsonram@aol.com_ (mailto:oloffsonram@aol.com)

1) Is there a correlation between Wyclef bringing his hip hop culture to
Haiti and the increase in random violence, rape, glorified gang  activity and
kidnapping?

2) Kidnapping is quite on the rise again, especially among school children.
This will create an awful backlash. I hear that some kidnappers are close  to
the victims which is why the victims are sometimes killed.

3) Some schools have closed early for the Christmas holidays as a  preventive
measure to keep students from getting kidnapped.

4) If we can't create a non corrupt police force how can we even begin to
think about an army.

5) People in Haiti are saying they don't want any more talks or  negotiations
with gangs. They want action. This will bring in the Human Rights
organizations who are always so quiet at this current stage of the  violence.

6) The HOPE legislation for jobs in Haiti is too little, too late. A bunch
of underpaid workers with two or three families making a killing.

7) Things are once again getting dangerous in Haiti. People are taking
advantage of the lawlessness to take care of personal accounts.

8) The lawlessness doesn't just come from one sector.

9) No jobs, no security/ no money, no security/ police corruption, no
security....