29681: Morse (response) Renshaw re: Jacmel (fwd)

_oloffsonram@aol.com_ (mailto:oloffsonram@aol.com)

I'm assuming, I could be wrong, that the documentary The Ghosts of  Cite
Soleil wasn't viewed by the general public at the Jacmel Film Festival  because
handlers didn't know how the audience would interpret Wyclef  hanging out with
seriously violent gangs in Cite Soleil. If these gang  members were truly
gifted artists why weren't they in a recording studio in New  York, Miami or
Jamaica, recording songs of hope and freedom. Couldn't anything have been done for
them? Now they're dead and being used for promotional  purposes. Career moves.
Pretty cynical when you think about it. It's like  the photographer who takes
pictures of the burning demonstrator instead of  trying to put out the fire.