29734: Morse (comment) Havana Cubans v. Miami Cubans (fwd)

oloffsonram@aol.com

Havana Cubans see Haiti as a friend and ally. They send doctors. They send Haitian students to Med School. They set up music programs.

Miami Cubans see Haitians as a political threat in Florida. Think more in terms of Krome Detention Center than Med School.

Havana Cubans are more in line with the rest of Latin America than are the Miami Cubans. Perhaps the Miami Cubans are more in line with the Dominican Republic, viewing Haiti as a necessary evil for the low wages they provide, rather than a country with a powerful history and profound culture.

Miami Cubans, if they could ever get Cuba back, would probably see Haiti as competition in the textile industry. No real interest in having a stable Haiti. No real interest in a decent trade bill for Haiti.

Castro has once again out smarted the Miami Cubans. He already made the transition.

If Miami Cubans wanted to destabilize Haiti, what methods would they use and who would help them??? (frightening question)

I'm not pro communist by any means (especially with their lack of freedom of expression), but from where I sit, I can see who wants to help Haitians, who respects Haitians, and who doesn't.