29783: Re: 29747: Peterson (comment) Durban (comment): (Way) Beyond Bourgeosie Bashing... (fwd)

From: Audrey Peterson <destarke@yahoo.com>

I'm not all the way through the posts that have
accumulated in my mailbox over the holiday season and
already I'm tired of this bourgeosie argument. It has
offered no solutions on either side, just a lot of
trash talking and the same old tired arguments with
the same useless, chilling, polarizing effect. I don't
do much commenting because I am here to educate myself
and learn what little thing I can do, if anything,
from the comfort of my NYC home. Also, good friends of
mine are Haitian with families in Haiti, and I'd like
to be able to begin to understand where they are
coming from. So I read. This is mostly why I've
refrained from addressing the "insults" that are being
slung. I don't know how others feel, but why dignify
any of this nonsense with a response? People should be
able to voice their opinions, but why drive it into
the ground constantly. Would it be so difficult to
concede a few points on either side? Maybe we could
better come up with some solutions. Something.