29781: Kathleen (reply) Re: 29747: Durban (comment): (Way) BeyondBourgeosie Bashing... (fwd)

From: Kathleen Burke <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

It makes me mad, how professional white leftists and some Haitians always blame the U.S., Europe. It's THE HAITIANS, Stupid. Jamaica has had its independence for less than 50 years, thriving tourist industry, etc. The Haitians I worked with, Jean-Baptiste brothers in Papay, especially Bazelais in economic development, were brought to ruin (and the young Haitian employees in banking industry among them) BY OTHER HAITIANS, especially but not limited to those in the Palace and bureaucracy.
It has
been ever thus in Haiti.
Seems like the Jamaicans and others have been able to transend tribal rivalries and family first for the good of their country.

Kathleen