29801: Van Daalen: (ask)

From: Maria van Daalen <mariavandaalen@gmail.com>

From: Lauri <Lauri@HeartHaiti.com>

I'm inviting all Corbetters in Port-au-Prince to come to the Christ-mas
Bazaar

Lauri (Bushey) Desir

Dear Mrs. Desir,
Dear All on the List,

I'd really love to come! But... I live in The Netherlands. I have read
through a library on Haïti and Vodou by now, and learning Kreyol
through the cd's from the University of Indiana.

I'm on this list because I'm writing a book in Dutch about Vodou. To
come to Haïti is a cherished wish, that might come true next year,
because in May 2007 I hope to Kanzo in Port-au-Prince.

I keep into close contact with the responsible Houngan, and with the
Consuls of the Consulat of The Netherlands in Port-au-Prince and Santo
Domingo.

It's not going to be an easy trip, although I am an experienced
traveller. Any information anyone on this list might want to send me
about Haïti, I'll read with care, and I'll be very thankful for it.

My name as a poet, writer, and journalist is MARIA VAN DAALEN, cf. my
website http://www.mariavandaalen.nl/hoofd/biografie_hoofd.html . It's
a pseudonym, but far better known than my real name underneath!

I love being on this list.
Sincerely,
Maria M. de Rooij
(aka Maria van Daalen)